Create a simple voting platform featuring Rising Stars nominees, related content and profile interviews which is an integrated experience in the Outbrain blog.
Together with a project manager, business stakeholder and developer, I developed a responsive voting platform where users could vote, voting could be closed, and a winner announced. I worked with an outsource development team in Israel, and ensured that our regular status meetings were efficient and productive with regular checkins on functionality/design issues. I created wireframes and functional specs for the website as well as requirements for the CMS for editors. I worked daily with the development team on design QA after high fidelity designs were implemented.
– The order of nominees on the landing page was randomized upon user re-entering the page to ensure all nominees had equal opportunity to land at top of page
– Option to view nominees ranking order
– Mobile version encouraged voting by providing simple scroll browsing and easy access to voting button
– Editors could modify the page through the CMS depending on the stage of the challenge (ex: close the voting, announce winner)
– customizable right rail announcing events, links to other pages and related content
On a very tight budget we were able to release a fully-functional responsive mini-site which exceeded the goal of 2000 email address captures. Due to this years success the program has been set to expand in budget and scope for 2016.