Create a website where business meets design, which reflects the Fast Company magazine brand.
I worked with agency designers to fulfill creative and business objectives, and to help solve challenges like how to emulate a magazine experience online, how to translate Fast Company magazine’s fantastic design sensibility to this experience, and how use creative thought leadership to solve user problems. I created concepts for landing pages, article pages, image integration, navigation and modules (article recommendations, social/comments). I also worked closely with in-house developers to bring the website to fruition, from concept to design and final QA.
– Interactive images could expand and collapse within the screens
– Visual Candy sidebar was design images pulled from each day that user could click into popup page to scan all images at once
– Editor’s Pick on bottom of article pages were curated by site editor would live on left rail and expand/collapse
– Each ‘day’ was color coded based on a sample color from the sticky top hero image of the day, navigation among days was done by clicking a colored ‘spine’ at the bottom of the page
– Clock icon indicated the time of day a story was posted
– Comments and social engagement were represented through visuals of digital bars
Co.Design v1.0 was launched successfully and became a leading website for design content.